FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The widgets are 1.5 inches tall or about 38mm and are just over an inch wide or 30mm. They fit in almost all shallow drawers.
- Vertical wrench widgets - depending on the brand they can hold micro wrenches or 5/32” or 4mm up to 2” or 52mm.
- Angled wrench widgets - They are made for large wrenches, generally 3/4 inch or 19mm and larger.
yes, we have an adapter for connecting angled widgets to vertical widgets. It does take up some space but allows angled and vertical widgets in the same run.
- They simply plug into the top of the vertical wrench widget as needed where needed.
- They are compatible with Generation 1 vertical wrench widgets and current vertical wrench widgets.
Yes, the current products are backward compatible with the original vertical wrench organizers.
Small and large screwdrivers, picks, punches, ratchet extensions and more.
- Spacers are provided with the screwdriver organizer kits and can also be purchased if needed.
- Simply add as many spacers between the screwdriver widgets as needed. This allows you to customize the space between them if needed.
They are made of a plastic/rubber blend to make them flexible and keep them from breaking when flexed but still be rigid to hold hand tools.
Each magnet is approximately 7lbs of pull when used on a normal steel toolbox. They also have a steel plate to keep the magnet securely in place.
The widgets come in ones and twos, this allows you to connect any number of organizers you need, but you can have as few as one or as many as you can fit in your toolbox. For example, if you had a 4’ wide toolbox, you could attach 4’ worth of widgets.
Depending on your need or preference, one wrench per widget works great. Some users like using two per wrench which is more preferred on very large wrenches or mobile techs who have their tool boxes in their vehicle.
Yes, the preferred method is with thin drawer liners. The thinner drawer liners allow for great grip, plus you can see the missing tool indicator more easily. The magnets are strong enough to still hold everything in place, even while shaking the drawer.
It is rare, especially with the steel plates and retention plates. However, if this should happen they have been designed to have a place to super glue just in case. Simply clean the magnet and widget side with alcohol, let dry and you can use standard super glue. Let dry for the recommended time then re-use. If this happens and you are not satisfied with it, Toolbox Widget will replace the widget for you. See the lifetime warranty, returns page or email us at email@example.com
The Toolbox Widget works great for mobile mechanics and has been tested by several mobile mechanics and they love it! We do recommend using a thin drawer liner to help with the grip and for large tools more widgets as needed.
They allow for a user to quickly look through their toolbox and if they see orange, they know they have a missing tool. If all tools are in place you will not see the orange missing tool indicators. If you see orange than you know you have left a tool behind.
Don’t see your question?
Fill in the form below.
firstname.lastname@example.org or with the subject line “FAQ."
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.